Sunday, March 16, 2014

Ilocos Norte - The Sights

I'd like to be known simply as Simple Journeys. It's also the name of the tours and events management business I'm trying to start-up.

I'm pretty new in this but I'll try my very best to write and share with you my travels and experiences in the Northern Philippines, particularly the Ilocos Region.

For over a decade or two, I had been returning to the North on a regular basis. There's no one there in particular the pulls me back. It is the beauty of the place itself! Life is simple, so as the people. But the culture and history are rich and magical.

PAGUDPUD

 



This picture was taken at Brgy Pasaleng, Pagudpud, closest to the boundary of Ilocos Norte and Cagayan. I'm pretty amazed at the beauty of the color green, as it changes to different hues.


This is the Patapat Viaduct, another major attraction in Pagudpud. Excursionists, tourists, and almost everyone will never miss this once they are in Ilocos. This is also a personal favorite of mine.

And this is the popular ivory shoreline of Saud, Pagudpud.











And here's the magical sunset at Casa Teresita, a family-owned no-frills resort that has all of nature around!

 BANGUI


There are currently 20 windmills located at the town of Bangui, supplying electricity to nearby towns.  Currently, several more are being constructed to provide electricity for most, if not all, of Ilocos Norte.






BURGOS



And here's Cape Bojeador Lighthouse in the town of Burgos. Built in 1887, this has become one major tourist destination in the province.









This is the white rock formation at Kapurpurawan Rock Formation site, also in Burgos. 'Puraw' is the Ilokano word for 'white.'










I will be posting more pictures in my other 'blogs' for the province of Ilocos Norte later.


No comments: